Pyrolysis of sewage sludge
INNOVATIVE METHOD OF SEWAGE SLUDGE MANAGEMENT
”EL PIRO” technology for drying and pyrolysis process
On 7th May 2014, Metal Expert has signed a financing agreement for project financed by National Centre for Research and Development – grant entitled “Development of innovative technology for the pyrolysis of sewage sludge from wastewater treatment plant”, funded under Measure 1.4 of the Operational Program Innovative Economy 2007-2013. Total value of the project: about 10.9 mln PLN (2.5 mln EUR), UE funding covered approximately 4.6 mln PLN (1.1 mln EUR). Project implementation period: 1st May 2014 – 31st December 2015. The project is now in a three year post-project sustainability time.
Project under development. Metal Expert is currently conducting research and trials in order to improve the system and prepare the installation for introducing it to the market.
Description of the technology
- Dehydrated sewage sludge is fed into a dryer with an average capacity of 100 kg/h.
- The drying process of the sewage sludge reduces moisture content down to 10% or less.
- Dry sewage sludge is subjected to a continuous process of high temperature pyrolysis without oxygen. Pyrolysis temperature range reaches from 800°C to 1000°C.
- Main product of the pyrolysis process – hot syngas – powers the steam boiler.
- Process steam produced in a boiler is used as a heating medium for the sludge dryer, thus closing the process balance.
(download leaflet: INNOVATIVE METHOD OF SEWAGE SLUDGE MANAGEMENT ”EL PIRO” technology for drying and pyrolysis process)
Dorota Otulak – Project Coordinator
Tel. +48 519 590 838
Free software to calculate the industrial sludge processing in the drying and pyrolysis installation, developed within the project – available after sending the inquiry to the email address: email@example.com